Monday, October 29, 2012

OMG! - Positive experience with United Airlines?

I am stunned but I must relay our experience.  With our flight to VA canceled and our decision to drive to TX to let the storm pass we needed to get a refund from United Airlines for the flights.  No humans answered the phone at UA on Sunday so we went to the San Jose airport on the way out of town today to deal directly with a ticket agent.  We were braced for a fight knowing UA and I contemplated long term parking as I figured we would be in arguing with them all day.  But, JoAnn went in to talk with the agent while I waited at the curb.  She was back out with refund in hand in less than 5 minutes! - we are still barely over the shock.
Could UA be turning over a new leaf?  Experience with them in the past few years has been horrible.  It seemed the bean counters had won out and they have seemed intent to nickle and dime everyone to death (all the while being a s rude as possible).   Could this be a kinder and gentler UA?
I guess there is always hope.

2 comments:

  1. It's about time airlines started respecting their customers. I hear American probably won't be around next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minga did it again! :) Politely caused them to see better ways... Love that woman.....<3

    ReplyDelete